Bare root trees
- Upon arrival of your order, open
box and stand bundles of trees upright. Do not unwrap plastic around
- Next prepare holes by mixing 1/2 humus or potting soil to 1/2 native
soil, if your soil is good nothing is needed, if very poor add more. The
Leyland Cypress has a small root system, an 18" by 12" deep hole is more than
- Back fill 1/2 the hole with soil. The loosened soil will allow
the new root system to grow faster giving your new tree a better start.
- Mix Root Stimulator into 4 gallons of water,
instructions on label. Unpack 1 bundle at a time & soak in the bucket of root
stimulator for a minute or so. Do not give plants a long soak as this could
damage your trees. Protect roots from direct sunlight while planting.
- Plant your trees at the same depth as they were growing before. Press soil firmly around the roots.
- When finished planting each bundle, thoroughly water and firm
soil around trees.
- Stake & tie trees in straight
vertical position with Bamboo Stakes. Proceed to
next bundle and repeat instructions.
- When finished planting the bundle of
trees , treat all the soil around the trees with a solution of Root stimulator.
- Keep soil around newly planted trees moist for the next 6 to 8 weeks or until trees
become well established. Do not allow trees to dry out. Care should be taken
not to over water, soil only needs to be moist.
- Fertilize once a month with Peters 20-20-20 water
soluble or use Nutricote 18-8-8 + micronutrients time release fertilizer.
Do not use garden fertilizers like 10-10-10 or 6-6-6 or lawn fertilizer 16-4-8 this type
of fertilizer will burn your trees.